New recipes

Doctors Remove Octopus from Choking Toddler’s Throat in Child Abuse Case

Doctors Remove Octopus from Choking Toddler’s Throat in Child Abuse Case

Doctors removed a two-inch baby octopus that was lodged in the toddler’s throat, though it is not clear how

Raw octopus is particularly dangerous because its suction cups can stick to a person’s throat and cause them to choke.

A two-year-old Kansas boy is recovering after doctors acted quickly to remove a small octopus that had become lodged in his throat.

According to police, the boy’s mother came home from work to find her boyfriend, 36-year-old Matthew Gallagher, attempting CPR on the toddler.

The child was rushed to the hospital, where doctors were able to extract a two-inch baby octopus, believed to have been intended for sushi.

The boy was also observed to have multiple injuries to his face. Police arrested Gallagher on suspicions of child abuse, but has since been released, according to KAKE, an ABC affiliate.

The child’s condition has reportedly improved since he was admitted.

In Korea, live octopus is a popular delicacy as well as a choking hazard. The suction cups on the legs of an octopus can latch onto a diner’s throat and cause choking, even when cut into small pieces. To avoid a dangerous dining experience, it’s recommended that you chew carefully before swallowing.


Watch the video: 9 Creatures Found LIVING INSIDE The Human Body! (December 2021).