- Prep 15min
Updated September 18, 2017
cup white chocolate chips
containers (6 oz) of Yoplait® Original Yogurt Strawberry
cup frozen whipped topping
Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 15 second intervals, stirring with a completely dry utensil. Do not let water come into contact with the chocolate or it will seize. Stir and heat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
Place the white chocolate into a piping back or a plastic zipper bag and snip off a small corner of the bag. Pipe out 4 heart shapes onto parchment or wax paper. Let dry completely.
Place the mini parfait glass upside down into a small dish with the honey. Make sure the rim of the glass is coated. Immediately dip the honey-coated glass rim into a small dish filled with the mini heart sprinkles.
Carefully spoon a small amount of the strawberry yogurt into the mini parfait glass. Do the same with the frozen whipped topping, alternating layers until you end with the frozen whipped topping.
Top your parfait with a white chocolate heart.
- Placing the yogurt and frozen whipped topping into separate piping bags may be easier to use than a spoon for filling the mini parfait glasses.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- These creamy, strawberry yogurt parfaits are a cute way to say Happy Valentine's Day!You’ll just fall in love with how easy these are to make.Valentine’s Day is the sweetest day of the year, but my husband and I are still trying to hang onto our New Year’s resolutions of eating healthy and not indulging in too many desserts. So I came up with this light and refreshing treat that’s kinda sweet and super cute!It’s also great for a breakfast treat and an extra fun way to send off the kids to school.So, this Valentine's Day make the most adorable little Valentine treat for your sweetie!
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES (France) used under license.
Recipe: Sweetheart Yogurt Parfaits
If your Valentine's Day plans include staying in, we have the perfect treat for you! These Sweetheart Yogurt Parfaits take only minutes to make & they taste as good as they look. Ditch the store-bought chocolates and give this simple recipe a try.
Sweetheart Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Red and pink sprinkles
- 2 containers (6 oz) of Strawberry Yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 15 second intervals, stirring with a completely dry utensil. Do not let water come into contact with the chocolate. Stir and heat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Place the white chocolate into a piping back or a plastic zipper bag and snip off a small corner of the bag. Pipe out 4 heart shapes onto parchment or wax paper. Let dry completely.
- Place a small glass (parfait glass if you have one!) upside down into a small dish with the honey. Make sure the rim of the glass is coated. Immediately dip the honey-coated glass rim into a small dish filled with the sprinkles.
- Carefully spoon a small amount of the strawberry yogurt into the mini parfait glass. Do the same with the frozen whipped topping, alternating layers until you end with the frozen whipped topping.
- Top your parfait with a white chocolate heart.
Recipe and picture courtesy of Tablespoon.com
The information contained above is intended to be educational in nature, does not constitute medical advice, and should not be relied on as a substitute for actual professional medical advice, care or treatment. If you have any vision, dental or other health related concerns, VBA encourages you to immediately contact your optometrist/ophthalmologist, dentist/orthodontist or any other competent, licensed, medical professional.
This strawberry parfait recipe has only 3 core ingredients and makes an easy no bake dessert that’s a delight to enjoy.
I’ve been enjoying parfaits as an afternoon snack/dessert lately and while there are so many variations when it comes to constructing parfaits, I’ve been sticking to 3 staples – fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt and granola.
Here are ideas for more ideas of ingredients you could add to make your own personalized parfait:
Fruit – add in more fruit, such as chopped stone fruit or other berry varieties.
Jam – add in berry jam or homemade chia jam. (Here’s the recipe)
Sweetness – if you’d like the yogurt to be sweeter, add in stevia, sugar, honey or maple syrup.
Nuts and seeds – for extra nutrition and crunch, add in any nuts or seeds of your choosing, I find that chia seeds or chopped almonds work wonderfully well in a parfait.
Granola – you can use any granola you like, store bought or homemade. (Here’s an easy homemade gluten free granola recipe for you.)
Yogurt – you can switch up the yogurt and use strawberry, Greek yogurt or really any yogurt you like in the parfait.
Strawberry Parfait Recipe
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Place a few tablespoons of yogurt at the bottom of a glass or jar.
- Chop the strawberries and add a handful on top of the yogurt.
- Add another layer or yogurt and then chopped strawberries.
- Finish with a few tablespoons of granola and then enjoy immediately.
Recipe Video Tutorial
Here’s the video where you can watch the easy recipe being prepared, step by step. Hit play below or click here to watch on YouTube.
More Easy Strawberry Desserts
Disclaimer – this post is meant for informational post only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please consult with your health professional before making any dietary changes.
The importance of real dairy
At my children’s yearly checkups their pediatrician always asks me how many glasses of milk they’re drinking each day in order to get their recommended daily dose of calcium, vitamin D, and potassium. In addition to drinking milk, I also make sure we’re incorporating other real dairy products into our diets, like cheese and yogurt.
These berry parfaits made with yogurt, whipped cream, and butter definitely help us reach our goal. And they get bonus points for being so delicious too! Read more about the importance of milk and dairy in a healthy diet here.
To begin making the Strawberry And Yogurt Breakfast Parfait Recipe, first remove the stem from the strawberries and quarter them into even size pieces.
Do make sure you have some granola ready. If you don't have granola made at home, then you can use a ready made muesli as well to make the parfait. The granola or the muesli adds crunch to the parfait.
Add the cut strawberries into a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and toss to combine well. Cover the bowl and allow it to rest in the honey until you notice that the strawberry begins to release the juices. This would take about 10 minutes.
The next step is to assemble the parfait.
To begin, have a set of 4 small serving bowls or glasses ready. Layer the parfait alternatively with the hung curd and the honeyed strawberries and finally top it with granola.
Serve the Strawberry And Yogurt Breakfast Parfait with Vegetable Paratha Rolls and Whole Wheat Apple Muffins for a wholesome breakfast.
Serve the Strawberry and Yogurt Parfait as a wholesome and refreshing summertime breakfast.