We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Would you believe that most of the “pumpkin” flavor in pumpkin spice comes from the spice? It’s true. Pumpkin on its own can be a little ho-hum. It needs some warming spices to meet its true potential.
I’m sharing my go-to pumpkin spice blend recipe in the hopes that it saves you a trip to the grocery store this fall. It’s super quick and easy.
You don’t need a store-bought pumpkin spice blend if you have these basic spices in your drawer: ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice or cloves. Simply stir them together, and you’re ready to bake up all your pumpkin spice treats.
The only trick is knowing the proper ratio, which you’ll find in the recipe below. This recipe intentionally yields a small amount (two tablespoons), in case you just need enough pumpkin spice to bake, say, a pie. You can easily multiply the recipe to yield a full spice jar, if you’re planning to bake up a storm this season.
Pumpkin Spice Uses
You can use this homemade pumpkin spice blend in any recipe that calls for pumpkin spice. You can also add some “pumpkin spice” flavor to any recipe by simply adding a teaspoon or two of this blend. Any recipe that already calls for cinnamon (or could benefit from it) is fair game for a pumpkin spice spin.
If you’d like to simplify a recipe that calls for multiple spices (including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or similar), replace the sum total of spice with the same amount of pumpkin spice blend.
- Baked treats: Pumpkin Pecan Polvorones (Mexican Wedding Cookies) and Pumpkin Pecan Scones with Maple Glaze
- Pancakes and waffles: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes, Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes, and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Quick breads: Healthy Pumpkin Muffins and Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Warm drinks: Homemade Pumpkin Chai Latte
Please let me know how this recipe works for you in the comments! Tell me, what pumpkin treats are you craving this fall?
Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 tablespoons 1x
- Category: Spice Blend
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
This pumpkin spice blend recipe is so easy to make. Stir them together and make your favorite pumpkin recipe! Recipe yields 2 tablespoons. You can easily double or triple the recipe (3 teaspoons is equivalent to 1 tablespoon).
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice or cloves
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all of the spices. Stir to combine.
- Pumpkin spice will keep well in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Fresh spices are generally more potent, however.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.