Have you noticed that the days are getting shorter? Cookie and I are heading out the door earlier for our evening walk, and I’m scrambling to check off the summer recipes on my list while I still can.
Peaches are so plump and sweet right now; popsicles needed to happen. I killed two birds with one stone with these peach popsicles. They’re super simple—consisting of roasted peaches, honey and yogurt—and they taste just like you’d expect. Delicious, fruity and creamy.
These popsicles are ultra creamy because I roasted the peaches into jammy submission, which reduces their water content while concentrating their sweet flavor, and opted for full-fat yogurt, too. Speaking of, every time I specify full-fat yogurt in a recipe, I get questions asking if you can use low-fat yogurt instead. If you use lower fat yogurt in this recipe, which has less fat and more water, you’ll get icier popsicles.
That said, if you don’t share my totally bizarre, nails-on-a-chalkboard-like aversion to icy popsicles (also included: the sound of ice rubbing against ice, please tell me I’m not the only one), you can go ahead and make some with low-fat yogurt.
However! If you’re worried about fat content, I would argue that a) these are reasonably sized, three-ounce treats and, b) full-fat yogurt still isn’t that high in fat or calories. I’m looking at the container right now and just about a third of the calories come from fat, which is nowhere near heavy cream and still less than your average cheese. It’s also very high in protein. For a dairy-free version, try substituting full-fat coconut milk for the yogurt.
Before I go, I got the chance to talk to Gabriel of The Dinner Special the other day. He turned our conversation into a podcast and a YouTube video and transcribed it, too! You can listen/watch/read over here, eep! He has interviewed a ton of other bloggers, too, so you might find some new blogs to love while you’re there.
Creamy Peach & Honey Popsicles
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 popsicles (24 ounces total) 1x
- Category: Dessert
Honey-sweetened peach popsicles made with yogurt and roasted peaches! These cold, creamy treats are perfect for summertime. They’re healthy, too. Recipe yields eight 3-ounce popsicles.
- 1 pound ripe peaches (about 3 medium), peeled and sliced into ½-inch wide wedges
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided
- Dash sea salt
- 2 cups full fat/whole milk plain yogurt (regular or Greek)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 small lemon, juiced)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer sliced peaches to the baking sheet and gently toss with 2 tablespoons honey and a dash of salt. Arrange the peaches in a single layer. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the peaches are soft and juicy (watch the edges in particular).
- While the fruit is roasting, blend together the yogurt, ¼ cup honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Feel free to add more honey or vanilla extract to suit your taste buds. Place the mixture in the refrigerator so it stays cool.
- Let the peaches cool, then scrape the peaches and all of their juices into the bowl of yogurt. Use a big spoon to gently fold the mixture together.
- Use the spoon to transfer the yogurt blend into the popsicle mould. You might have to push the peaches down into the molds, but they shouldn’t put up too much of a fight. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least four hours.
- When you’re ready to pop out the popsicles, run warm water around the outsides of the moulds for about ten seconds and gently remove the popsicles. Enjoy immediately.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.