Dissolve the baking powder in the lemon juice. Add warm water, lemon peel, oil and add flour slowly. Fidget. Allow to rise and cover with a napkin. The dough will stay in a warm place.
The apples are washed. They are grated. Grated apples are mixed with fructose and cinnamon. The dough is divided into two pieces. Roll out the dough, as if you were getting two sheets. Spread the filling on one of the sheets, then add the second sheet, do the same with the sheets in the tray. But be careful! The tray should be lined with a little flour.
Leave the pie in the preheated oven, over medium heat, for about 1 hour, until golden brown.
Fasting apple pie
The traditional apple pie and tender, fasting dough is an excellent dessert for any day, which will be enjoyed by the whole family!
Share with friends:
This delicious and savory fasting apple pie goes great on any day of the week, but also on special occasions or holidays.
The apple-flavored cinnamon filling and the tender pie top combine perfectly, and the sweet-sour taste gives it a special note and turns the apple pie into a real delight.
Fasting apple pie it is prepared quickly, with few ingredients and at hand. However, for extra flavor, choose fresh apples, well ripened and without spoilage.
Apples are also great in cakes, pies or cakes. In any form you choose to prepare them, apples will not disappoint and will make the dishes shine both in taste and appearance.
Cook Peasant pie with caramelized apples
- For tender dough with lard and yogurt:
- 1 or
- 100 gr sugar
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 150 gr solid lard
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 bicarbonate knife tip (optional)
- 200 gr yogurt
- 500-550 gr flour
- For the filling:
- 1250 gr grated apples
- 100 gr butter
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla flavored powdered sugar for decoration
Method of preparation
Ingredients Simple apple pie:
For the dough:
- 400 grams of flour
- 180 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams of 80% butter
- 1 or
- a few tablespoons of milk (only if necessary, enough to bind the dough)
- grated lemon peel, vanilla sugar
- 1 good salt powder
For the filling:
- 1 kg of weighed apples without peel and seed box
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass of sugar
- 200 ml fruit juice (apple or orange)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, or 5 tablespoons flour, or 1 sachet of vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- crystal sugar for sprinkling on top
Preparation Simple apple pie & dough:
The dough is prepared according to the classic process of pate brisee, as I did with the dough Tart with sour cream and fruit. "Sandy dough", in translation, is frequently used in tarts and pies with tender dough, but it is also suitable for certain types of biscuits.
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, salt and grated lemon peel. Crush with a fork or process the butter inside the robot, until a fine granulation is obtained.
2. When the flour in which the butter has been impregnated resembles the texture of coarse sand, add the whole egg.
3. Knead quickly, just enough to bind in a dough and only if necessary add 1 tablespoon of milk (if the egg is larger, it may not be needed). Do not knead more than that, insistent kneading will develop gluten from wheat flour, which we do not want, because the dough would become elastic, and we want it fragile and crumbly.
4. The dough is immediately gathered in a ball, wrapped and refrigerated for at least half an hour, ideally an hour.
Simple apple pie, apple filling
1. The apples peeled and cleaned from the seed box are weighed.
2. Grate the apples and immediately sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon, then mix quickly to prevent oxidation.
3. Mix the grated apples with all the other ingredients specified for the filling, obtaining the filling for the simple apple pie.
Simple apple pie, spreading sheets and assembling
1. Line a tray approximately 42 & # 21535 cm with baking paper. I used a regular oven tray, 42 & # 21534 cm, so any tray with an area of about 1450 cm² is suitable. Start the oven and set it at 180 ° C.
1. Take the dough out of the fridge, shape it into an approximately rectangular shape and divide it into two pieces, one representing about ¾ of the amount of dough and the second, smaller, ¼.
2. The smaller piece is left aside and the larger one is spread with the rolling pin in a sheet, on the work surface sprinkled with flour. The size of the sheet must be adapted to that of the tray used. After the sheet is stretched, the irregular edges are straightened with the knife and added to the smaller piece of dough left aside.
3. Roll the dough lightly on the rolling pin, without pressing, lift the rolling pin and transfer it with your help over the tray previously prepared with baking paper, unrolling in its place.
4. The rest of the dough (part of about ¼) is quickly kneaded with the cut edges of the sheet and spread on the work surface sprinkled with flour in a sheet with a thickness of 4-5 mm. It is cut into 1 cm wide strips with a roll of corrugated pastry or, failing that, with a knife.
5. I put the filling over the sheet of dough, leveling it on the whole surface. I placed the cut strips of dough on the diagonal, superimposing others perpendicular to the first ones, until the creation of a & # 8222grid & # 8221 above the cake. I sprinkled with crystal sugar & # 8211 I put brown sugar.
How to bake simple apple pie
1. Bake the simple apple pie at a medium height in the preheated oven at 180 ° C, for 35-40 minutes, until it browns nicely.
Simple apple pie, serving
I let the simple apple pie cool in the pan (it can be cut warm, but not hot) then I divided it into generous portions, according to the taste of the tasters. It can be served from the moment it is warm, just as good and completely cold. The simple apple pie is absolutely delicious, with or without ice cream (or a vanilla sauce): crispy and fine crust, jelly-flavored filling, you feel like eating a hectare!
For this recipe you need the following:
Wash and peel the apples and add them to a bowl. (cut in half)
In a bowl add the eggs and sugar, and mix with the mixer. Add the oil and a sachet of gluten-free baking powder (with potassium tartrate), along with the flour (I recommend the universal Schar mix). Mix until a homogeneous composition is obtained, then add the milk. The final mixture will show that a pancake dough, thicker.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Put baking paper in a pan and grease with butter. Pour 2/3 of the resulting composition into the tray and distribute evenly. Place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 ° C.
While the tray is in the oven, start letting the apples clean through the large grater. Put the grated apples to harden in a pan over medium heat. After a minute, pour the sugar over the apples, stirring regularly with a spatula. When the apples have softened, add the cinnamon and mix gently. Let them cool for a few minutes.
When the apples have cooled, pour the apple mixture over the baked dough for 10 minutes. Distribute evenly and then pour the rest of the composition. Place the tray in the oven at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
Remove the pie from the oven with powdered sugar and leave to cool. Good appetite!