We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Seafood starters
- Fish starters
- Salmon starters
- Smoked salmon starters
A special starter for a dinner for two: cooked white asparagus with smoked salmon, topped with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.
5 people made this
- 300g white asparagus
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 knob butter
- 100g smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons corn oil (or sunflower or rapeseed oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or wild garlic
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- coarsely ground pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Place the asparagus in a large wide pan and just cover with lightly salted water. Bring to the boil and add salt, sugar and butter. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the spears are tender and can be easily pierced with a sharp knife, about 15 to 25 minutes. The cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Remove asparagus and drain.
- Arrange the salmon on two plates and place the asparagus on top.
- Warm the oil with the herbs in a small saucepan, do not let it become too hot. Drizzle it over the asparagus.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese with a cheese grater or a shave it with a vegetable peeler over the asparagus. Season with pepper and serve.