For the preparation, I put the lard and the egg in a bowl, then I mixed it with the powdered sugar until it melted. Add the diced or peeled orange peel, depending on how you want it, and mix until the composition becomes fluffy. Quench the baking soda with lemon juice or vinegar and add it to the cookie composition, gradually adding the flour.
It is not necessary to grease the tray before putting it in the oven because there is already lard in the composition and they will not stick ... We will leave them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The number of servings varies, depending on the desired size of the cookie: P
I melted the chocolate with a little oil so that it became liquid.
Ingredients for the recipe for tender cookies with jam (lintzer cookies with butter and lard)
- For the dough
- - 1 ou
- - 80 g of powdered sugar
- - 200 g butter or 100 g butter and 100 g lard
- - Approximately 300 g of flour
- - 1 pinch of salt
- - vanilla, lemon peel, orange
- For filling
- - jam of any kind, a paste jam
- For decoration
- - 1 tablespoon of plain or vanilla powdered sugar
Very tender croissants, with lard and sour cream, old recipe
A combination between Greta Garbo or Jerbo and Gibanica. Eggless croissants filled with shit, magiun or walnut. In a larger bowl put flour, sugar, lard, lemon peel, egg.
I recommend this recipe for croissants with your hand on your heart, they are so tender that they melt in your mouth, provided that the lard is of very good quality. Very tender croissants with lard and cream is an old Russian recipe from old notebooks with cake recipes. No. of pieces: 24Preparation: 30 minRest: 30 minBaking: 30 minIngredients: 140 g lard300 g flour, plus extra for the meal. Apple cake with tender dough is a very popular dessert and not missing from family meals. The tender consistency of the dough and.
Fasting croissants - 6 recipes with tender dough for fat-free croissants. A simple but extremely tasty recipe. My favorite sweets were neither the cakes nor the cakes, but these tender croissants with lard and walnuts. As I mentioned, croissants were fashionable in the 70's. Dear faithful and unfaithful reader, If you were born during the communist era, you must have eaten lard croissants made by your grandmother or others.
Ingredients for about 50 pieces: 250 g lard, 500 g flour, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 5 tablespoons mineral water.
Fresh cookies with lard - Recipes
Traditionally, lard croissants were usually made during the Winter Holidays, when the pork is cut and the lard is fresh. Those who did not eat donuts with lard as a child have the opportunity to do so now. The recipe is simple, and the cooking time is 50-60 minutes.
IMPORTANT to mention: if you live abroad and have nowhere to get lard, you can also make with quality butter. They will not be as tender, but the result is quite similar.
Fresh croissants with lard and cream filled with jam and walnuts
There is no festive Christmas meal that does not exist, on the plate of cakes and a few tender croissants with lard. They always remind me of my childhood days when I used to make huge amounts of croissants with my grandmother.
My grandmother's birthday was on December 30th and every year she prepared desserts in advance, a week before, especially to have Christmas and her birthday and, obviously, for the next day, at the New Year's table.
Every year, when I do them during this period, I remember her and the happy childhood I had even in those difficult times. Now don't ask me a date of birth: p but, in order to understand what I'm talking about, I'm just telling you that it's about the period of sad memory before the Revolution.
But let's leave the memories and go back to our traditional croissants with lard and cream filled with jam or walnut and jam or shit. More modern, they can also be filled with Nutella chocolate cream. Or I know, anything else comes to mind. For example, I have a recipe for croissants stuffed with halva on my blog.
Join the Reading and Flavors Facebook group & # 8211 click HERE
Follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook
It is a very simple and easy dough to make and don't be surprised that it doesn't have sugar in it. He doesn't need to. A little salt, however, is good to add because otherwise it tastes bland. The croissant will take its sweetness from the filling and the powdered sugar on top. But let's see how they are done together.
Ingredients fragile dough for cakes, cookies and croissants
- 300 grams of flour
- 200 grams of fatty butter with 82% fat, soft or 160 grams of lard
- 100 grams of vanilla powdered sugar (if you don't have vanilla-flavored sugar, add a sachet of vanilla sugar)
- 6 grams of salt (a generous powder)
- 60 grams of yolk (2-3 pieces, depending on how big they are) or 60 grams of creamy fat (minimum 30% fat)
- optional: grated lemon peel
How to prepare tender dough for cakes, cookies and croissants
1. This dough can be worked both with the mixer, in a large bowl and with a wooden spoon. Even handmade, it will not bother us too much, because one of the rules is not to overdo the work! First, the soft butter, vanilla powdered sugar and salt (and lemon peel, if using), mix well. It does not need to be beaten, it just needs to become malleable, easy to mix and perfectly homogeneous. As I specified above, butter can be replaced with lard, but the taste will not be identical, obviously.
2. Add one egg yolk at a time or a tablespoon of cream at a time to the bowl of butter homogenized with the sugar. Mix well with butter, after each yolk or tablespoon of sour cream added.
3. Now add all the flour, at once, over the butter with the yolk / cream and the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix with the wooden spoon or the mixer at the lowest speed, no more than it is necessary not to see traces of dry flour in the bowl. Don't give in to the temptation to add more liquid (yolk, cream), it's wrong! Strange as it may seem, what is seen in the picture below, in the bowl, those Bulgarians, is how the dough should look when it is ready. We don't mix more than that!
5. The test, to make sure that our fragile dough is sufficiently worked, is to take a quantity in the palm of your hand and gather the crumbs together. If they adhere to each other, forming a compact mass, as you can see in the picture below, there is no need to insist on mixing at all. The following subtitle details why it is wrong to work too much soft dough.
Possible defects of soft doughs worked too much
a. Excessively kneaded dough ends up developing a gluten network. This is a protein naturally contained in wheat, which is very helpful when we make bread. A developed gluten, however, confuses us a lot when we make a tender dough. Why? Because we want the bread to have an elastic texture, but we don't want cookies and biscuits with a bread texture at all, we want them to be tender and crumbly.
b. The gluten network, once developed, will make our fragile dough gather when baked. The tarts and pies that gather during baking, if you put your finger between the shape and the edge of the crust, were worked too much and / or (usually and "and" and "or") were too wet, more liquid was added. much more than was the case. And no matter who claims that it is normal for the tart dough to bake, either he has no idea or it is malicious.
c. By kneading the soft doughs in excess, it can lead to the situation in which the fat is effectively separated from the flour. The dough is cut, cheese. It can be repaired by adding flour, some extra liquid and & # 8230 kissing some baking powder. It will therefore no longer be fragile on its own and will not have the same quality as if it had been worked correctly from the beginning.
Dough rest time
6. Returning to our tender dough, once it has reached the stage in point 4, we spread a food foil on the work surface. We turn all the lumps in the bowl over the foil. Raising its edges, we gather all the dough together, pressing it to adhere in a compact mass.
7. My choice is to give this fragile dough a rectangular shape. This helps me in the next phase, when I have to stretch it with the twister. Wrap the dough well with cling film and let it rest for at least half an hour in the fridge. We can leave him even more than that, even from one day to the next.
8. After the obligatory rest time in the refrigerator, usually the soft doughs are too hard to be immediately spread on the sheet. We leave them for a few minutes (or as long as necessary) to make them more supple. On the work surface sprinkled with flour, spread the dough in a sheet, as thick as we need. From the above quantities, stretching to 4-5 mm thick, we get 2 sheets of 20 * 30 cm, for a not too large pie tray.
9. Once spread, this fragile dough can be rolled on the rolling pin, moving with its help over the tray in which we want to place it.
10. As well, however, we can spread this dough a little thicker (5-7 mm) and cut cookies and cookies into different shapes. For the croissants, roll out the dough as thin as possible, on a well-kneaded work surface, and shape the croissants as shown. here.
For baking, the specifics of each recipe will be taken into account. Thus, the pies with a lot of filling (fruit or sweet cheese) are baked for about 1 hour, the fine croissants for about 15 minutes and the cookies, usually for about 12-15 minutes. A tip: cookies prepared with this dough will be even more pleasant in texture if we give the tray with cookies ready cut in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before baking. Be useful and, if you are interested more pastry recipes, you can find them by clicking on the picture below.
Salts with lard and cheese. Fragile and delicious
A recipe that, surely, if you had grandparents, you know and love. Lard salts are made from a tender, salty and delicious dough. The secret lies in the dough wrapping and cooling.
It is very simple, made of equal parts of cheese, flour and lard.
500 g of flour
500 g lard or butter
500 g of cheese
1 teaspoon salt
Combine the ingredients and make a hard dough, but do not knead much. Leave to cool in a bowl covered with a towel or cling film for 5-6 hours, but it would be ideal to cool overnight. The dough will rise and form small bubbles. Divide into 2 equal parts, then spread on the worktop in a sheet about 5 millimeters thick. Fold the sheet in 3, then again in 3.
Leave at room temperature until done with the other half of the dough.
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees, and the dough is stretched again and cut into the desired salt form.
It can be greased with a beaten egg and sprinkled with sesame, cumin, salt or poppy seeds.
Fresh cookies with lard and jam
Mix flour with diced butter, coconut, 2 egg yolks and sugar. In a bowl put the lard and sugar, mix well until it becomes like a cream. Since you will get a fairly hard dough, you can easily shape the cookies with lard: form balls about the size of a walnut in your palm and then them. With simple and tender cookies, filled with jam. Beat the egg with the sugar, add the lard at room temperature, the baking powder quenched with lemon juice, walnuts. All ingredients, especially butter, should be at room temperature. Use a butter with at least 80% fat.
Butter can be replaced with lard. These are them, and if you prepare them according to this classic recipe, with lard, the freshest cookies will come out! Add an egg, lard and walnut kernel to the center of the flour and knead a sandy dough.
The dough for the sweet walnut cookies is. Banana biscuits quick recipe for fragile biscuits and chocolate beans. Preparation and ingredients.
Of course, there is also the option of forming cookies by hand, but it is a. Fresh croissants with lard and cream.
To start, quickly mix the lard, sour cream, vanilla sugar with 400g of flour and quickly knead a dough like a plasticine. The dough should not be elastic, rubbery. If necessary, add more flour, if it is too sandy add cream.
We gather the dough in the form of a ball, cover it with a foil and put it on the grill for 3-4 hours or even from evening to morning.
Then (after 3 4 hours in the cold) we take it out, we spread it on the table sprinkled with flour like a salami, we cut it in 6 and we start the work.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees with the function up and down.
We take a piece of dough, shape it into a ball and spread it on the table sprinkled with a little flour. We stretch it thin enough to be seen through it.
Put a plate on top with a diameter of 22 cm and cut a circle. We cut it into 8 triangles and at the base of each we put a little plum magic and roll towards the top slightly.
We place them in the tray not very close, they grow a little when baking and we bake the croissants in the tray lined with baking paper for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until they brown a little at the tops.
Meanwhile, we prepare another tray with croissants.
When they are ripe, the first ones are left to cool for a while, because they are very tender, they can be crushed, then we shock them and put them in powdered sugar and place them on a plate.
They are very good cold and as I said after staying at least a day.
Forget how tender they are the next day!
Here you have the option of tender croissants filled with shit.
I used a 22 cm shape and cut it into 16 to get smaller croissants, with this filling it is much easier to work with.
And the recipe for tender croissants tried by readers
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
In a bowl mix well with a whisk soft butter (not melted) with powdered sugar, a pinch of salt and vanilla. Mix until you get a creamy composition. Add the yolk and mix a little more until incorporated.
Then alternately put the milk, flour and mix well the composition.
We need to get a consistent dough, not too hard (to be put in a pouch) but not soft, because the cookies will leave a lot to bake.
I only put 200 g of flour, I didn't need the extra 20 g.
As I said, we transfer the dough in a pouch and form cookies in a tray covered with baking paper. I made a tray of straight, linear cookies about 6-7 cm one and a tray of circles.
I baked them for 13-15 minutes at 180 ° C, until they started to brown slightly on the edges. When we take them out of the oven, they are still slightly soft, but after cooling they will have the perfect consistency. after they cool.
Decorate them according to your imagination with melted chocolate and sprinkle coconut, pistachio and colored candies. Enjoy!
* If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day and on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".