We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
A deliciously different French toast recipe. Serve with golden syrup, maple syrup or dust with icing sugar.
66 people made this
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Beat the eggs, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl. Dip the bread slices into the pumpkin mixture until coated on both sides.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place 4 of the bread slices into the frying pan and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining bread and butter.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(80)
Reviews in English (65)
Guess what I made this into a french toast bake and it was delicious. I first greased a 9x13 pan and loaded it up with bread cubes. Next I took the recipe's liquid ingredients along with the pumpkin and pureed it all in the blender. Next, poured it over the bread cubes and baked it for 35-40 minutes at 350F. When it was done I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over top and drizzled with powder sugar and milk glaze. Yummy from all my coworkers. and what raves! Just remember to heavily grease the pan and easy clean up. Another Bake and Take.-27 Jan 2010
by Sarah Jo
Great jumping off point. After reading some of the reviews, I thought I could make this a little more "pumpkin-y". I took 1/2 c. pumpkin and whipped it with 1/4 c. powdered sugar and 1/2 c. cream cheese. I added 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice when it was near the end of whipping. I also added pumpkin pie spice to the egg mixture instead of the spices alone. I spread the pumpkin-cream cheese mixture inside of two slices whole wheat bread and made stuffed french toast. I served it with hot maple syrup and bacon. This made for a nice lazy Sunday lunch.-15 Nov 2009
Delicious! We doubled the pumpkin puree and still found the pumpkin taste to be pretty subtle. I would not increase the pumpkin past 1/2 cup or the egg mixture may lose its consistency. I added a splash of vanilla extract (personal taste). Using Texas Toast, this recipe made 6 slices = 3 servings. Either add 2 t. sugar or serve with powdered sugar or syrup. This was fantastic, we'll make it again.-14 Nov 2009
Pumpkin-Spiced French Toast Recipe
Nutmeg and cinnamon add spice and aroma to traditional recipes, making them perfect for chilly mornings. You can choose to start with any Paleo bread you like, but I prefer this recipe. It’s made with flaxseeds and almond butter, which meshes perfectly with the pumpkin spices!
For an autumn-inspired batter, this recipe mixes pumpkin purée, cinnamon and nutmeg with eggs and coconut milk. It’s like having a healthy pumpkin pie for breakfast!
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
To make your French toast, dredge each slice of bread into the batter one by one and lay them onto the skillet, working in batches. It takes about 3-4 minutes to brown each side of the bread.
Top your French toast with any fixings you crave – from chopped hazelnuts to dark chocolate chips and cranberries. I kept it simple and whipped some grass-fed butter with a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzled maple syrup on top.
Tip: If you’re making a large batch of French toast, place finished pieces on a cookie sheet in a 200°F oven to keep them hot and crisp around the edges until they’re ready to eat!
One of our gripes about making French toast in a standard round skillet is that you can usually only fit 2 slices in the pan at a time—which means it takes longer to get breakfast on the table and the first slices are usually cold.
We were so excited to find the GSI Bugaboo Square Frypan on Backcountry because it easily fits 4 slices at a time! This skillet let us crank out breakfast much quicker.
Alternatively, the GSI nonstick griddle would also be a great choice for larger groups.
Looking to add to your camp kitchen? Use our code “FRESHOFFTHEGRID15” to get 15% off your first order at Backcountry.com (Exclusions apply.)
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
Sometimes, it’s pancakes. Other times, it’s French toast. It really depends on my mood, I guess.
But when it comes to Fall pumpkin spice French toast, pancakes do not stand a chance. Nope, none at all.
Pumpkin French toast will win every single time.
With the super thick brioche (or Challah bread) slices that just soak up every single ounce of pumpkin heaven, these are simply perfect.
All you need is a fresh dusting of confectioners’ sugar and syrup.
Sorry, pancakes. Maybe you’ll have a shot after the Fall season.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
This Pumpkin Spice French Toast is the best breakfast to enjoy on those chilly fall days, or even on Christmas morning. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this easy dish is bursting with flavor and perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
Hooray for pumpkin season!
Every year I can’t wait to break out the pumpkin.Once it’s officially fall I don’t feel quite so bad about shoving all of the apple and pumpkin recipes in your face.
And I’m sharing one of my favorite fall breakfasts with you today! Since I work way ahead on my editorial calendar and blogging content, I usually start testing pumpkin recipes back in June. And this Pumpkin Spice French Toast was a winner right from the start!I almost shared it with you in the summer, but I’m not that crazy!
What Makes This Pumpkin Spice French Toast So Fantastic:
- The ingredients are super simple. In fact, you probably have everything you need to make this dish in your kitchen.
- This recipe comes together really quickly! From start to finish, you can have this dreamy, crispy yet tender, pumpkin french toast ready in about 20 minutes.
- It’s full of pumpkin-y flavor and cozy spices, perfect to warm you up on a crisp fall morning.
Even though the weather sometimes doesn’t cool off until late fall, I can’t resist whipping out everything pumpkin, and then some.
And since I’ve made Pumpkin Spice Waffles, Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal, Pumpkin French Toast Cups, and Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats, it was time to add a classic french toast to the collection.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- I recommend using a thick bread for the toast, such as Texas toast or challah, as it holds up the egg mixture better than regular bread.
- Be sure to buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, otherwise your french toast will turn out overly sweet!
- When you start cooking your french toast, it may take 4 or 5 minutes per side to get golden brown depending on how much you heat your pan first. As the pan gets hotter, it will take slightly less time.
- Want something a bit more decadent? Try using half and half to replace the milk.
- Don’t want your french toast too sweet?Simply omit the brown sugar from the egg mixture.
- Switch up the toppings for different flavor combos!Try it with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or even a fresh scoop of whipped cream.
Perfect to serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, some butter, and a good drizzle of maple syrup, you’ll be whipping up this pumpkin breakfast all year long!
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 slices day-old bread
Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
Whisk eggs, half and half, pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts together in a bowl. Soak one slice of bread at a time in the pumpkin mixture, then place in the prepared skilled. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread. Stir the pumpkin mixture between dips to keep the walnuts from settling. Cook the bread until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
In a blender, process the cream cheese, pumpkin and cream until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients except bread. Once the mixture is fully homogeneous, add the bread and stir to fully moisten. Pour into your baking dish and mash down the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until you are ready to bake (1 hour to 3 days).
Uncover the casserole and press down the floating bread with your hands or a spatula. It's OK if it looks a little soupy that's just all your creamy, custardy goodness. Place the casserole dish inside a large roasting pan with high sides and put it in the oven. Pour hot water into the roasting pan so that it comes halfway up the outside of the casserole dish.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with powdered sugar dusted on top and warm maple syrup on the side.
This recipe is a double dose of Fall flavor.
First, we start off with the pumpkin spice french toast. Crusty bread gets soaked in a creamy dreamy pumpkin custard that is spiked with Fall spices. The bread soaks all the custard up before it gets fried to a perfect golden brown. Crispy edges, fragrant spices, and a whole lotta Fall Flavor.
The pumpkin spice french toast is great enough to stand on its own, but for a double whammy, we top it with a Caramel Apple Sauce. This sauce uses coconut sugar, maple syrup, and butter to create a silky caramel. Then we add in some diced apples and simmer the sauce until they infuse their flavor and are cooked to crisp-tender perfection.
Not only does this breakfast taste like a dream, it is actually on the healthier side!
Pumpkin, another Fall favorite, adds even more health benefits to our pumpkin spice french toast. Like carrots, pumpkin gets its orange hue from vitamin A, which can boost eye and skin health. Pumpkin can also help us recover faster from a workout and boost our immune systems.
And there is, even more, to love about this Pumpkin Spice French Toast. It can easily be made allergy-friendly.
For a gluten-free version, just swap in slices of your favorite gluten-free bread.
For a vegan or dairy-free version, use a high-quality vegan butter in the Caramel Apple Sauce. The custard is already free of eggs and dairy, so no need to make any changes there.
This recipe is also quick. The Caramel Apple Sauce can be made while the Pumpkin Spice French Toast is cooking, cutting way down on your kitchen time. This decadent breakfast can be on the table in as little as 30 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
"French toast is a delicious breakfast option no matter the season. But when you add pumpkin to the mix, it becomes a must-have fall treat. And when you add a delicious cinnamon sugar coating on your oven baked French toast, you’ll want to enjoy this delicious pumpkin French toast every breakfast! Pumpkin is such a versatile flavor – it tastes great in both sweet and savory dishes. But what I love most about pumpkin is how easy it is to incorporate into your favorite recipes. And this easy pumpkin French toast recipe is no exception! Simply add a little bit of pumpkin and some spices to traditional French toast to instantly have a delicious breakfast packed with fall flavor. "
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Sweet and Savory Chickenvideocam
This Sweet and Savory Chicken recipe is the perfect dinner meal for when you can't quite decide what type of chicken you would like.&hellip See more Continue reading: "Sweet and Savory Chickenvideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
Other pumpkin recipes
This recipe uses about a half a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree. Here are some ways you can use the rest of that can up and more pumpkin recipe inspiration!
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #bowlofdelicious or tagging @bowlofdelicious!