1. Heat 25 g butter and olive oil in a pan at low temperature. Add the rosemary and sauté very lightly for 2-3 minutes, then add the onion and mix to cover well with the butter and oil. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When it is almost ready, add the parsley.
2. Meanwhile, rub the remaining butter with the mustard, balsamic vinegar and set aside.
3. In the pan with the onion add the garlic, wine, 5 tablespoons of water and let it boil for 5-6 minutes until it has dropped well. We add salt to taste.
4. Boil the pasta in a large amount of boiling water, slightly salty, as indicated on the instructions on the package. Do not cook until they break. Strain the pasta and place it in a bowl. Add the mixture with butter and mustard, onion and mix well.
Serve with green parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Cauliflower burger with caramelized onions
A delicious and handy idea for all burger lovers and more.
I recently discovered the Edenia cauliflower burgers that are delicious.
They do not need to be thawed, they can also be prepared in the oven, so a more dietary and healthier option,
in addition, they do not contain & ldquoprostii & rdquo, which is the most important.
If you love caramelized onions, you will love it canopy burger with caramelized onions.
It has the advantage that it can be consumed by vegetarian ovo-lacto and can be prepared in the evening and taken
as a package at work or at a picnic.
For caramelized onions:
We first deal with caramelized onions. Chop it not very fine scales, put it in a non-stick pan
with oil and salt and let it fry, covered, stirring occasionally.
When the onion becomes slightly translucent, add the sugar and leave it on the fire for another 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
While the onion is cooking, put the 4 Edenia cauliflower bugs in the oven (without thawing them),
on baking paper, preheat oven to 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Assemble the burgers: put half a bun of a generous spoon of prepared sauce mixing the above ingredients,
a salad leaf, a slice of smoked cheese, two cauliflower burgers, again a slice of cheese, a little more sauce,
Hummus with caramelized onions
Hummus, fine chickpea cream and sesame paste tahini, traditional dish of the Middle East, enjoys a growing popularity in our country. And rightly so. Besides the fact that it is a filling and tasty food, hummus is also rich in nutrients.
We start with chickpeas which is rich in fiber and vitamins, proteins, but also minerals. We come to tahini paste, a source of protein and calcium. Let's not forget garlic, the one that strengthens the immune system, along with lemon juice. We are talking about exactly the most important elements we need so much, especially now, in the cold season.
Hummus can be prepared in a variety of ways. As true lovers of goodies, you can enrich the dish by keeping the basic ingredients. Thus, you can add: baked peppers, baked beets, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado or caramelized onions, as I propose today. A combination that took me by surprise.
You can choose either red or white onions. The red one looks really appetizing, the white one caramelizes faster. I recommend you try both, you only have to win. This time I chose the white onion. For this hummus two onions were enough. However, it would be good to caramelize at least four pieces. Taste it more, use it for the final and honest decoration, it would be a shame to be sorry at the end that you didn't caramelize more.
Besides hummus, caramelized onions can also be used in sandwiches, savory tarts, soups or for decorating appetizers that contain cream cheese. Not to mention that you can put it in pasta sauces, on pizza or in salads. Real joy on the plate!
With the wonderful hummus with caramelized onions you can prepare excellent packages with snacks to take to the office. In which case I recommend you to prepare a double portion. Not the other way around, but everyone will want to taste it. And no, it doesn't have a strong onion taste and smell, you can safely take it out in the company. You won't even have to chew parsley after, the onion only gives taste and aroma to the food. That's it!
Put hummus on a stick, add raw or pan-fried vegetables, then roll. It's the simplest option. In addition, you can add thin slices of steak, diced chicken in butter, fillets or ham, grilled cheese or whatever inspires you.
Let's see the recipe!
Ingredients for caramelized onions
- 2 medium-sized white onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 250 g boiled naut
- caramelized onions
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini / sesame paste
- 70 ml of canned chickpea water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you use dry chickpeas, hydrate them overnight. The next day you boil it and don't forget to keep 70 ml of the water in which it boiled.
Hummus preparation with caramelized onions
For starters, we will caramelize onions. It's not complicated at all. There is no time nailed for this operation so don't keep an eye on the watch. It is important to get a soft, brown, sticky and not burnt onion. Work on low heat and stir often. So simple!
Peel the onion and cut it into juliennes.
Put a pan on low heat and add the olive oil.
When it is hot, add onion and salt powder.
Leave the onion on low heat until it softens and turns brown / brown.
Stir often, taking care not to stick to the pan. If it sticks to the bottom of the pan, scrape with a wooden spoon and add a tablespoon of water.
Once the onion is soft and the color is golden brown, add the balsamic vinegar, mix and leave it on the fire for another minute.
Remove the caramelized onion in a bowl and let it cool.
Put all the ingredients for the hummus in the blender and add the caramelized onion.
We pass until we obtain a creamy and well homogenized hummus.
At the end, taste the cream and if necessary add salt or lemon juice. You can add even more water from the canned chickpeas, if you want a hummus of a softer consistency.
Pour the hummus into a plate or bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika or various seeds. And of course, put a generous word of caramelized onions!
Tagliatelle with caramelized onions and mustard - Recipes
Saute chicken with caramelized onions
Roasted chicken breast served with sweet caramelized onions and green rosemary and thyme sauce. It goes very well with spinach tagliatelle.
- 675 g medium-sized onions 460 g chicken breast, skinless and boneless pepper to taste 4 teaspoons butter 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 5 tablespoons low-sodium chicken soup 1 teaspoon chopped green rosemary 1 teaspoon chopped green thyme 1 tablespoon vinegar Red wine
Cut each onion into 6 pieces. Sprinkle pepper on the meat.
Grease a large Teflon pan with a little olive oil. Add 2 teaspoons of butter that melts over medium-high heat. Fry the meat for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. He sits on a plate.
Reduce the flame to medium and melt the rest of the butter. Cook the onion with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar for about 8 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Stir often, unwrapping the onion pieces as they fry. Add the soup and boil for about 2 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
Include rosemary, thyme and remaining sugar. Put the meat in the pan again and sprinkle with vinegar. Fry for another 4 minutes or until the juice left by the meat is clarified.
Caramelized onion sauce
Caramelized onion sauce from: butter, onion, oil, salt, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar.
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Method of preparation:
Melt the butter, add the oil and, when it heats up, fry the onion. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper, pour in the small balsa vinegar and cook for 30 minutes.
Recipe of the day: Barbeque sauce with onions
Barbeque sauce with onion from: coffee, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, onion, tomato sauce, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder, sriracha sauce, tabasco sauce. Ingredients: ½ cup of coffee 1 cup of ketchup ¾ cups of brown sugar ½ cup of apple cider vinegar ½ cup of chopped onion ½ cups of tomato sauce 2 puppies […]
Simple tomato and onion sauce
Simple tomato and onion sauce from: tomatoes, onions, butter, salt. Ingredients: 6-10 tomatoes 2-3 onions a tablespoon butter or fat salt Preparation: This sauce is prepared without flour, if you use a lot of tomatoes and let it drop as much as possible. Scald the tomatoes, peel them, remove them […]
Onion sauce with mustard
Onion sauce with mustard from: onion sauce, mustard. Ingredients: onion sauce a teaspoon of mustard Preparation: To the onion sauce, prepared as in the recipe above, add the mustard well rubbed with flour and dilute with vegetable soup or water. Can be served with puddings and soufflés […]
Ingredients Rice with lentils and caramelized onions
150 gr long grain rice (basmati)
120 gr green lentils (or Le Puy lentils or Beluga black lentils)
2 onions (about 200 gr)
100 gr of sheep's milk (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Turkish spice
4 parsley threads
2 tablespoons oil
Preparation Rice with lentils and caramelized onions
- Boil the rice in salted water according to the time indicated on the package. When cooked, drain well.
- Boil the lentils in water until cooked through (about 30 minutes). Add salt in the last 10 minutes. Drain well and place over rice.
- Cut the onion into not very thick slices. Put in a large saucepan in hot oil. Sprinkle a little salt over the onion. Turn the heat to low and cook the onion for about 15 minutes until it is very soft and slightly yellow. During this time it rarely mixes in it. Turn the heat to medium and continue tempering for approx. 10 minutes, until the onion turns brown. During this time, stir in it often and do not lose sight of it so as not to burn it. Remove the onion and add it over the rice.
* if you will not use telemea, add the Turkish spice over the onion, 30 seconds before removing it from the heat
- Mix the rice with the lentils and onions and straighten the salt mixture. Put the lid on the pot and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- If you use telemea, crumble it and knead it lightly with your fingers together with the Turkish spice and chopped parsley. If not, just chop the parsley.
- Serve the rice with lentils and onions sprinkled with spiced telemeau. If you haven't used telemea, just sprinkle with chopped parsley.
3. Boiled rice and lentils
4. Rice with lentils and caramelized onions
They will be cleaned first turnips peel, then are washed and cut into appropriately large cubes.
Because turnips oxidize very quickly, they will be added to a bowl of cold water prepared in advance, as they are cleaned.
In a saucepan with a volume of 3 l, put butter and oil to heat, then it is added onion cut scales together with caster sugar caramelized it approx 1 minute.
Over onion caramelized will be added pieces of turnips drained, red bell pepper cut into thick strips, stirring constantly (until slightly golden).
Warm water (2 l) will be added to the pan and let it boil over low heat for approx 20 minutes (as long as the turnips become soft and the liquid will drop by half).
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
Turnip soup obtained will be added in the blender to the mix, until a fine cream.
It will be seasoned with salt pepper to taste along with cooking liquid cream (this is put gradually, just how thick or thin we want turnip cream soup).
Sturnip cream with caramelized onions will be served in individual bowls, decorated with chives and fresh patrol finely chopped.
For a more consistent meal, turnip cream soup can be served with toasted bread croutons.
Hot dog with caramelized onions
Hot dog with caramelized onions from: mustard, honey, vinegar, ketchup, sausages, smoked ribs, sesame croissants, caramelized onions.
- 3 tablespoons sweet mustard
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
For hot dogs:
- 6 sausages
- 6 slices of smoked ribs
- 6 sesame croissants
- 6 tablespoons caramelized onions
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 6/200 C.
Combine mustard, honey, vinegar, ketchup. Set aside two-thirds of the amount in a small bowl. Grease the sausages with the remaining mixture and wrap each in a slice of ribs. Secure with toothpicks.
Place them in the baking tray lined with paper and grease again with the mustard mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Baked pumpkin with caramelized onions and curry à la Catalina
Catalina and her husband are freshly subscribed to the vegetable basket: they shared with us with contagious enthusiasm their first "cooking" with ingredients from the Bio & co basket! So we share with you!
2 washed pumpkins cleaned of seeds, cut into cubes and spread in an oven tray on baking paper
put a generous layer of about 2-3 tablespoons with a mixture of curry spices on top
some dried thyme also works
basamic oil and vinegar to taste
Bake the pumpkin pieces in the preheated oven. (probably about 40 minutes, but as I do everything with my eyes, I advise you to check in 20 minutes how things are and turn the pumpkins over)!
Separately, in a pan, put a large white onion (white or 2 red onions) to lightly fry. With the lid on the pan, keep it moist and not dry. When the onion has become translucent, add 2-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, half a teaspoon of brown sugar and salt. Leave it on the face until the alcohol evaporates from the vinegar. Attention: we try to remove it from the fire before all the liquid from the pan goes away.
We gather the pumpkin from the tray in a glass bowl and on top we mix the "caramelized" onion and then we wish good appetite!