We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
This simple vegan dish combines the distinctive, nutty flavour of quinoa with chard, mushrooms and lentils. Dark baby spinach leaves or curly kale work well, too.
114 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 350g (12 oz) quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 (400g) tin lentils, rinsed
- 250g (9 oz) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1L (1 3/4 pints) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes until onion is tender. Mix in quinoa, lentils and mushrooms. Pour in the stock. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Chop chard, and gently mix into the pot. Cover, and allow to sit 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(117)
Reviews in English (93)
Easy to make and very tasty. I've tried it using Swiss chard and also fresh spinach - both worked well. Even my daughter who hates mushrooms picked them all out and said she "really liked" the rest of it!-15 Jun 2013
This is an excellent recipe. I didn't have any mushrooms, so I used a can of tomatoes with basil and garlic. I also added dried lentils when the quinoa was added so I used a bit more water and the juice from the diced tomatoes. Some salt and pepper and seasoned to our taste. It was very filling and the vegetable broth gave it depth. Will definitely make again.-15 May 2006
I always forget how flavorful vegetable stock can be. This recipe was delicious! I used dry lentils instead of canned and it was still good. You can can add more chard than the recipe says if you like the green stuff (I do!) Thanks for a great quinoa recipe!-11 May 2006