We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Berry desserts
- Strawberry desserts
This is a very quick dessert to prepare. It's made with chia seeds, almond milk and fresh strawberries. It requires no cooking and no fuss!
4 people made this
- 500ml almond milk
- 450g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 60g chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:4hr › Ready in:4hr10min
- Puree almond milk and strawberries in a blender until smooth; pour into a bowl. Stir chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract into the strawberry puree.
- Cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(44)
Reviews in English (37)
I really enjoyed this and the versatility to experiment with different fruit and extract combos. I pureed the milk and strawberries first, then added in the rest of the ingredients and gave the blender a quick pulse. After refrigerating for about an hour, I gave the pudding a quick stir to prevent clumping. It set up nicely. I made it in the evening for the following day's breakfast. The only slight deviation from the recipe was to use coconut/almond milk blend. Very tasty and healthy.-06 Apr 2014
Perfect! Very easy. Would not change a thing. Although, an alternative preparation I have done is to use 1 c almond milk, and 1 c vanilla Greek yogurt. Great either way. My daughter loves this, too. She will even choose this over ice cream!! Also, after preparing this, I like to divide it into pint size jars to sit overnight. Perfect for grabbing quickly in the morning on my way out the door. May have to stir a bit when you open and eat.-10 Oct 2014
Have been making chia pudding for some time now and I liked the idea of adding the puréed fruit for a nice change. I didn't add the honey or vanilla because I used the sweetened vanilla almond milk I had on hand. Love to have a bit for breakfast! It's important to stir this a couple times in the first 30-45 minutes or the seeds will settle and you will have a thick base with liquid still sitting on the top. I like to make a big batch in the evening and let it sit over night, it will last a couple days.-12 Jul 2015
Light Creamy Strawberry Chia Pudding with only 5 Ingredients
Paleo & Gluten Free Strawberry Chia Pudding made with only 5 ingredients. Filled with fresh strawberries, naturally sweetened with coconut milk and honey. This Chia Pudding recipe is great for a light breakfast option or healthy dessert!
Strawberry Chocolate Chia Pudding
Easy to make and very enjoyable to eat, this strawberry chocolate chia pudding is likely to become a family favorite! This pleasing dish makes an excellent breakfast or an exquisite dessert. Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and of course Mediterranean Diet-approved.
How to Make Chocolate Chia Pudding?
It really couldn’t be easier! Basic chia seed pudding is just a handful of ingredients: chia seeds, a liquid like unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and an optional sweetener.
This recipe takes that simple recipe one step further by incorporating nutrient-dense fruit and heart-healthy dark chocolate. The dates give this pudding its sweetness without any added sugar. (Research has shown that dates are health-promoting, acting as a potent antioxidant, anti-tumor, and anti-inflammatory.) If time allows, soak the dates in warm water for 5-10 minutes. This step is optional but will allow the dates to soften and thus blend better. Drain well prior to making pudding.
Afterwards, mix together the almond milk, berries, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon in a high powdered blender. This makes the liquid good enough to drink! But try to resist. It’s worth waiting until you have the final dish.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond milk mixture with the chia seeds very well. Let side 5 to 10 minutes, and then stir again, trying to incorporate any chunks. If the pudding does not gel as much as you would like, your chia seeds might be too old. Try using newer chia seeds. Alternatively, you can add a few more tablespoons to the liquid. Always allow five to ten minutes and stir at least twice before adding more seeds, as it does take a bit of time for the seeds to gel.
If you want the pudding in individual containers, portion it into serving containers now. Otherwise, leave in the bowl and cover. Either way, refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
Is this Chia Pudding Healthy?
If you still haven’t tried Chia Seeds, this recipe is a perfect opportunity!
Chia seeds really are a superfood. They have more Omega 3 Fatty Acids than salmon, making them the richest plant-based source around. Omega 3s are well known in the health community for helping us stay sharp as we age. They may also help lower the risk of depression, arthritis, and heart disease. Our bodies cannot manufacture them, which means we must either eat them or take them as a supplement.
When mixed with liquid, these fiber-packed seeds adsorb the liquid and cause it to “gel” like tapioca pudding. In this recipe, we add strawberries for antioxidants and unsweetened cocoa powder for decreased inflammation in the body– and to make it taste amazing, too!
If you don’t like the way chia seeds feel when you are eating the pudding, you can always add the chia seeds to the blender with the other ingredients. The whole pudding will become smoother.
This chocolate chia pudding is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and Mediterranean Diet approved! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
What Else Can You Do with Chia Seeds?
Once you buy a bag of chia seeds, you are going to want to use them in everything! Here are a few of our very favorite ways to eat chia seeds, aside from pudding of course:
They are also great sprinkled on yogurt, applesauce, toast with nut butter, or salads.
Love health promoting foods like chia seeds? Download our free Immune Boosting Recipe Book.
Hi, I’m Ashley! I’m a Mediterranean Diet expert, a family health champion, and a Mom of 3 little people. Any day of the week, you will find me in the kitchen cooking up festive new recipes using Mediterranean Diet principles. I love breakfast for dinner, long days at the beach, the perfect glass of wine, and spontaneous adventures. Originally from Atlanta, I now fondly call Virginia my home.
I personally love coconut milk in the recipe because of how thick and creamy it is. I also buy cans of coconut milk in bulk so I always have it laying around. If you are not a coconut fan, this recipe can be made using any type of plant milk. Another one of my favorites is cashew milk.
Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and contain tons of soluble fiber. These little seeds contain all sorts of minerals such as manganese, phosphorus, and calcium, which is the most abundant mineral in the body and needed for strong bones.
Strawberries and Cream Chia Seed Pudding.
Strawberries and cream chia seed pudding is a tasty dessert or snack that can be made ahead of time! It’s so easy to make this simple vegan recipe, and it’s a great way to include more chia seeds into your diet.
Chia seed pudding…thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Is it dessert? Or is it breakfast?
Can we at least agree that chia seeds are quite healthy? They have a lot of calcium, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. They help fill you up, and also help stabilize your blood sugar. They are also useful – they thicken up whatever you put them in – perfect for smoothies or pudding. Over the summer, I made chocolate chia seed pudding, and it was delicious. We ate it topped with fresh berries, and it was nice, healthy, guilt free dessert.
The other day I was in the mood for chia seed pudding again, and wanted to try a fruit flavor this time. I decided a strawberry version sounded good, so here we are.
When you buy a bag of chia seeds, you’ll notice that they are tiny, dry little seeds, and they don’t look like they will do much. But when you add them to liquid, they expand and become softer and thicken up the liquid.
I like to put a spoonfull in my smoothie, and if I don’t drink it pretty quickly, the smoothie becomes very thick, and I have to add a bit more liquid. This quality makes chia seeds the perfect candidate for a healthy pudding.
When you make pudding with chia seeds, it has a texture that’s similar to tapioca pudding. If this texture bothers you, you may want to try blending it. I enjoy the texture of it either way. If you prefer it to be smooth, try this creamy chia pudding.
Healthy Strawberry Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
I’ve teased you on Instagram LONG ENOUGH! The time for me to share the beginnings of my chia seed pudding obsession has begun. Let us commence with this Healthy Strawberry Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding — with generous layers of vibrant and sweet strawberry puree and warming vanilla-infused chia seed pudding, we’ve got a really tasty treat on our hands!
Prior to my first chia pudding ever, a Raspberry Blood Orange Chia Seed Pudding, I had a serious aversion to chia seeds. They smelled weird to me, they reminded me of little bugs, and I absolutely hated their crunch whenever I tried them in a smoothie. Oh, and they got stuck in my teeth all. the. time.
BUT, there’s some sort of magic that happens when you soak ’em overnight. They gel up like cray cray and all of a sudden, with a few extra ingredients, they taste GOOD, they’re no longer crunchy, and they’re actually quite purdy to look at.
When I see a chia pudding, I no longer think about those widdle baby chia seeds as “bugs.” The texture isn’t bad at all, in fact, I really like it. It’s in between a raspberry or blackberry smoothie and tapioca or rice pudding.
10 Healthy Dessert Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
While loading up on sugar-laden foods on the reg is a big no-no, a little indulgence here and there doesn’t hurt.
And if you want to be extra careful about what you're putting in your body, you can swap traditional cupcakes and donuts with more nutrient-dense dessert options made with whole food ingredients. Here are ten delicious dessert recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth—without packing on the pounds:
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed Banana Bread: Made with healthy ingredients like organic strawberries, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk and coconut, this easy-to-make banana bread recipe packs nearly four grams of protein and three grams of gut-healthy fiber in every slice. You can nosh on it as is or enjoy it with some organic nut butter or unsweetened strawberry jam on top. Get the banana bread recipe here. And if you love all things strawberry, you might also want to try this delectable Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal recipe.
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge: With no butter, heavy cream or artificial sugar, this delicious, melt in your mouth fudge recipe is a great option to satisfy your 3 pm sugar cravings—without ruining your healthy diet. Plus, it's made with six simple, readily available ingredients and can be put together in just five minutes! Nuff said. Here's the easy-peasy recipe.
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles: Packed with antioxidant-rich blackberries, this easy-to-make dessert recipe is both refreshing and healthy. Plus, you'll only need six easily available whole food ingredients to whip up these treats! Here's the full recipe. For a vegan version, you can swap the organic cream cheese for non-dairy soy-free cream cheese and use maple syrup instead of raw honey. Avid cheesecake lovers might also want to try this Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars recipe.
- Hazelnut And Chocolate Bliss Balls: These gluten-free, dairy-free energy balls are chock-full of vital nutrients such as protein, potassium, magnesium and iron. Plus, it takes merely 15 minutes to put them together—so it's a perfect treat for busy days. Get the recipe here. And if you can't have enough chocolate in your life, you might also want to check out these delicious recipes for Avocado Chocolate Mousse and Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.
- French Lemon Yogurt Cake: Filled with the zesty goodness of lemon, this easy-to-make French cake is so light that you can snack on it pretty much any time of the day. To make your dessert even more indulgent, enjoy it with unsweetened raspberry jam or lemon cream cheese buttercream on top. Here's the lemon cake recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding: Made with organic pumpkin, brown rice, maple syrup and unsweetened almond milk, this delish pudding recipe tastes like a slice of fall itself. Pair it with a glass of fresh and fruity dessert wine like Moscato for a sumptuous last course. Get the recipe here.
- Two-Ingredient Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: This healthy twist on traditional ice cream is infused with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like potassium, zinc and magnesium. Additionally, consuming matcha is also associated with enhanced cognitive function, better metabolism and improved cardiovascular health, among other things. Made with two healthy ingredients, the dairy-free dessert is insanely easy to make. Get the ice cream recipe here. Looking for more matcha desserts? Check out this recipe for rich and creamy Vanilla Matcha Tarts. Or, this delectable Vegan Matcha Bliss Bites recipe.
- Swedish Apple Pie: Filled with the goodness of juicy apples, maple syrup and oats, this dairy-free apple pie recipe is the perfect combination of healthy and hearty. If you want to make it more decadent, just put a dollop of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and you're done! Get the apple pie recipe here. Meanwhile, this Apple Cinnamon Pancakes recipe is also highly recommended.
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites: Fresh carrots, walnuts, ginger, cinnamon and potassium-rich Medjool dates come together beautifully in this very fall-appropriate dessert recipe. In addition, these easy-to-make bites are very portable—so you can carry them to work or eat them on-the-go. Get the full recipe here.
- Zucchini Brownies: Zucchini and chocolate might seem like a weird combination but the two ingredients blend together wonderfully in this drool-worthy brownie recipe. It's rich, fudgy, free from refined sugar and contains only 63 calories (yes, you read that right!). Without further ado, here's the complete recipe.
So, which of these nutritious dessert recipes are you excited to try? LMK in the comments below!
Chia Seeds Recipes for Weight-loss
Welcome to another blog post on healthy eating! In today’s article, we have some videos for you on different chia seeds recipes for weight-loss.
Now, for persons who don’t know, chia seeds are the edible seeds of Salvia Hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family native to Central America. Chia seeds are oval and gray with black and white spots. They are super healthy for you due to their high protein and fiber content.
The videos that we’ve recommended today are some chia seeds recipes that you can incorporate into your weight loss-diet to make it more effective.
Without further ado, here we go.
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding is fabulous to eat and enjoy, especially since it&rsquos made with So Delicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk! I love being able to make food with products that I can trust in. Especially when the product has no artificial colors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SoDelicious Dairy Free AlmondMilk. The opinions and text are all mine.
When I asked to come on board with this program about So Delicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk, i was intrigued. Mostly because I&rsquove always wanted to try AlmondMilk because I&rsquom slightly lactose intolerant, and I&rsquove been on the hunt for a comparable product to use on my cereal and in my coffee.
So Delicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk really caught my attention because their products are: GMO Free, vegan, organic, gluten-free, soy-free, carrageenan-free, and dairy-free. That puts a lot of trust from me in their products!
If you&rsquore not sure what Target carries these So Delicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk products, then simply use their store finder! It&rsquos a fabulous help!
However, the first thing that i wanted to do is to see if I could make a dessert from So Delicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk&hellipwell because, I love desserts lol. I did, however, try to make it a little bit on the healthier side of things that I normally eat&helliplike cakes.
I know that no one judges me, so I decided to make a Strawberry Chia Seed pudding to see if I can push the limits of a non-dairy product. I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out pretty fabulous!
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding + SoDelicious Dairy Free Organic Almond Milk = A Bowl of Happiness!
The layers of the Strawberry Chia Seed pudding turned out just amazing and delicious! What can make you even more happier? Well, how about that you can find this fabulous line of SoDelicious dairy free organic AlmondMilk products at your local Target store!
If you don&rsquot already have the Target Cartwheel app, then be sure to download it today! Target is going to let you save 20% on your purchase during 2/18/18 &ndash 3/17/18! Now that&rsquos an even BETTER incentive to get the Cartwheel app and buy SoDelicious Dairy free organic AlmondMilk. You won&rsquot be disappointed!
Prepping your Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
The longest part of making my strawberry chia seed pudding, is having to wait over night while your chia seeds are soaking in the SoDelicious Dairy Free Organic AlmondMilk however, it&rsquos totally so worth it!
All good things are worth the wait!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and the use of SoDelicious Dairy free Organic AlmondMilk! I know you will, but I just had to put that out there.
There’s no limit to the toppings you can add to this healthy snack. Here are some of my favorite healthy add-in ideas:
- Nut Butter: Try topping this snack with a scoop of peanut butter or almond butter.
- Bananas: Sliced bananas taste amazing on top of these parfaits too.
- Honey: If you don’t need this dish to be vegan, top your pudding with a drizzle of honey.
- Pomegranate Seeds: Garnish your pudding cups with some juicy pomegranate seeds for an extra pop of flavor.