First, make the lemon cream to have enough time to sit in the fridge. To do this, mix the caster sugar with the food starch and vanilla, add the milk little by little, and the resulting composition is given in a bain-marie and mixed constantly, until it thickens and becomes like a thick cream.
After the composition has cooled, remove from the heat and allow to cool, stirring occasionally, so as not to catch crust on top. When the composition has cooled, add the grated lemon peel and mix with the butter until it becomes frothy. Add the juice from a lemon and mix for homogenization, then put the cream in the fridge for 1-2 hours to harden.
For the countertop, first separate the egg whites from the yolks. Mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they start to grow, then gradually add: sugar, vanilla, egg yolks, flour mixed with baking powder and finally the three tablespoons of poppy seeds.
Pour the composition into a pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, then put in the preheated oven at medium temperature, and when the top has risen nicely and browned, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
For the syrup, boil a little sugar with water, and when it cools, add the lemon essence.
When the countertop has cooled, cut it into two equal sheets and syrup the base sheet. Grease the sheet with half the amount of cream. The second sheet is also syruped, on the side that will be superimposed over the cream. Grease the second sheet with the rest of the cream and put the cake in the fridge for a few hours.
After a few hours, take the cake out of the fridge, slice and garnish as desired (possibly with quarters of lemon slices).
Keep in the fridge until exhausted.
In order for the top to grow nicely, separate the egg whites well from the yolks, before mixing.
So that the countertop "does not fall", let it cool in the oven off, with the door open.
Do not remove the top from the baking tin until it has cooled.
For the cream, always mix the composition put in a bain-marie, so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan and does not form lumps.
Stir from time to time in the composition taken from the bain-marie, so that no crust forms on top and remains fine.
Do not add butter to the composition until it has cooled completely. Otherwise, the cream will not harden, no matter how long you keep it in the fridge.
The cream should stay in the fridge for 1-2 hours to harden before being greased on the counter.
Cut the worktop only after it has cooled completely.
The essences are added to the syrup only after it has cooled completely.
Keep the cake in the fridge until done.
Dessert cake with poppy seeds and lemon cream - Recipes
The ciocolatasivanilie.ro website sends you this Information Note to explain how we process and protect personal data.
We send you this Information Note at the beginning of our interaction through our website.
1. What is a cookie and what is it used for?
Our website uses cookie technology to provide you with a better web service. The data stored by the cookies used on our website never shows personal details on the basis of which an individual identity can be established.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored and / or read by your web browser on your final device's hard drive (e.g, computer, laptop or smartphone) depending on the websites you visit. Cookies also make your interaction with websites safer and faster because they can remember your preferences (e.g, authentication, language), by submitting the information they contain back to the original website (first-party COOK) or to another website to which they belong (third-party cookies), when you visit that website again using the same end device.
2. How to control cookies
You may withdraw your consent to cookies at any time. To do this, you can block or delete cookies either through your web browser settings or by using third-party software, or by following the specific instructions for the cookie categories in the following sections. In any case, there may be issues with the use of certain parts of the website if you disable cookies.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer - Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox - Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome - Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari - Safari
- Cookie settings in Edge - Edge
- Cookie settings in Opera - Opera.
To learn more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or visit www.youronlinechoices.eu, which contains additional information on behavioral advertising and online privacy.
3. Cookies used on the ciocolatasivanilie.ro website
Based on the function and purpose for which cookies are used, they are usually classified into the following categories, which ciocolatasivanilie.ro website uses them on its Websites:
- Absolutely necessary cookies allow you to browse the Website and use its basic functions. Usually, they are installed only in response to actions performed by you that equate to a service request. These cookies are indispensable for the use of the website.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website and allow us to provide you with improved and more personalized features, such as reminding your preferences. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your browsing on other websites. The expiration period of these cookies is a maximum of 2 years.
- Analytical and performance cookies allow us to recognize and count users and collect information about how the website is used (for example, the pages a user opens most often and whether the user receives error messages from certain pages). This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that you can easily find what you are looking for. The expiration period of these cookies is a maximum of 2 years. Regarding third-party cookies, the expiration period may vary and in some cases may exceed 2 years. For more details on this category of cookies, see Section 4 below.
- Social networking cookies allow you to share your activity on the social networking site, such as Facebook and Twitter, on the website. These cookies are not controlled by us. For more details on this category of cookies, see Section 6 below.
- Other types of cookies that can be used later. We will inform you through our updated policies if any other types of cookies are used.
4. Cookies used for statistical purposes and for monitoring web traffic
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting the way you visit our website.
Detailed information about Google Analytics and the protection of personal data (including how you can control the information sent to Google) can be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners.
To prevent monitoring by this type of cookie, you can install an add-on on your web browser (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
5. Cookies on social networks
On our website, third parties who provide applications through these Websites may place their own cookies in order to monitor the performance of their applications or to personalize these applications for you. For example, when you distribute an article using a share button on social networks (eg, Facebook or Twitter) available on a Website, the social network platform associated with that button will record this. There may also be embedded content on our website, such as video content from third parties such as YouTube, in which case these third parties may also place their own cookies. .
Such cookies cannot be accessed by ciocolatasivanilie.ro website.
Last update: January 16, 2020.
We may update this Policy from time to time and we will notify you of any changes by posting the new version on our Websites. If you have provided us with your contact information and you have authorized us to contact you, we will notify you if we change this Policy substantially. Please review this Policy periodically for any changes.
Easter with cream cheese and poppy seeds
May the Holy Holidays of Easter bring you much peace and light in your souls!
A few days ago I made a delicious one tart with cream cheese and poppy seeds, which I will surely repeat for Easter, among other traditional recipes that I will make then (see also the recipe for lamb stew, the one for lamb steak).
It looks a lot like the recipe for bread, only it has an extra layer of poppy seeds. I love poppy seeds, and in this Easter, it combines extraordinarily well with the layer of cream cheese.
Easter with cream cheese and poppy seeds it is made very quickly and is perfectly preserved for 2-3 days (maybe even longer but with us it was finished in 3 days).
Easter with cream cheese and poppy seeds (26 cm shape) & # 8211 Ingredients
- 175 g flour
- 75 g soft butter
- 60 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 50 g of milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
2. Mac stuffing
- 200 g mac
- 75 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 25 g melted butter
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar / rum essence
3. Cheese filling
- 500 g ricotta / cottage cheese
- 75 g old
- 20 g melted butter
- 50 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- lemon / orange peel (optional)
Preparation & # 8211 Easter Countertop
- Mix the sugar with the soft butter (at room temperature) and the vanilla sugar, until we obtain a homogeneous cream. Add the eggs, one by one and mix until they are perfectly incorporated (if after adding the eggs, the butter cream gets a cut appearance, don't be scared, it will recover completely when we add the flour).
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, sift it and add it to the butter cream, together with the milk, alternating them. We will get a fairly dense but homogeneous dough.
Preparation & # 8211 Poppy stuffing for Easter
- Mix the poppy seeds with the sugar and grind them in a robot, about 2 minutes if you want to feel the consistency of poppy seeds or 4 minutes, if you want it very fine. Then add eggs, cold melted butter, sugar, vanilla sugar or a little rum essence and flour mixed with baking powder.
- Mix until completely homogenous.
Preparation & # 8211 Cheese cream filling
- Mix well drained ricotta / cottage cheese with cold melted butter, lightly beaten eggs with a fork, sugar, vanilla sugar and flour mixed with baking powder and then sifted. If you want, you can also add lemon peel, oranges, raisins or chocolate beans.
Easter with cheese and mac & # 8211 Assembly
- Wallpaper a 26 cm round shape with a sheet of baking paper passed through a stream of cold water and then squeezed very well.
- Add the dough to the top and level it. Over it add the poppy seed filling, level it carefully and over the poppy seeds, add the cheese filling.
- Put the easter in the preheated oven at 180 ° C, on the second step from bottom to top, traditional function (bottom and top heat) and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Baking time it is very important at this Easter because if you leave it too long, it will come out quite dry. After 30 minutes, stick a toothpick in the Easter cheese. If it comes out slightly wet due to the cheese filling, remove the tart from the oven (the cheese hardens after it cools). If the toothpick comes out of the pass with traces of poppy or countertop, hold it for another 3-4 minutes and repeat the toothpick test.
Melon jelly cake
Cream melon jelly recipe. A homemade cake with two tops, one with cocoa and one with poppy seeds, fine cream and green penene jelly. A mixture of great tastes, extremely delicious and refreshing.
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 70 g flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Poppy countertop:
- 3 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ground or unground poppy seeds
- 300 ml liquid cream for whipped cream with at least 30% fat
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jelly
- 60 ml water
- Melon jelly:
- 500 g watermelon pulp
- 2 sachets of gelatin
- a large slice of watermelon
- 2 sachets of red gelatin
- 500 ml of water
Mix the eggs with the sugar until you get a whitish composition.
Incorporate flour previously mixed with baking powder and cocoa.
Pour the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper that has a size of about 25 x 40 cm.
Bake the top in the preheated oven at 170 ° C for about 20 minutes.
For the poppy seeds, mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
Gradually incorporate the sugar and continue to mix until you get a strong meringue.
Add lemon juice, poppy seeds and flour.
Mix with a spatula to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Bake poppy top in the same tray in which you baked the one with cocoa. I baked it for 30 minutes in the preheated oven at 160 & deg C.
Put the gelatin dissolved in water.
Separately, mix the sour cream with the powdered sugar until you get a whipped cream.
Heat for a few seconds, in a bain-marie, the mixture of gelatin and water, then incorporate it into the whipped cream.
Distribute the cream evenly over the cocoa top and place in the fridge.
For watermelon jelly, gelatin is dissolved in cold water for about ten minutes.
Boil the watermelon pulp for a few minutes.
Remove the melon pulp from the heat and set aside to cool slightly, then incorporate the dissolved gelatin.
Allow to cool to room temperature then distribute evenly over the cream.
Dissolve the gelatin in 500 ml of cold water, then heat in a bain-marie.
Place cubes of watermelon on the poppy seeds and pour cooled jelly.
Before serving, put the cake in the fridge for the jelly to solidify.
Give the recipe note Melon Jelly Cake
How to prepare lemon cake:
I put the poppy seeds in warm water and leave them to soak until the next day.
The next day it grinds much better.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
In a bowl, mix the foam yolks with the sugar.
Gradually add the oil and warm water.
Incorporate sifted flour together with baking powder.
At the end, put the ground poppy seeds, grated lemon peel and incorporate the beaten egg whites with a spatula.
Pour the dough obtained in a tray measuring 35 x 25 cm lined with baking paper.
Level on the surface and place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream.
In a bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese with three tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Add the cottage cheese and continue to stir.
Separately, mix the liquid cream with a tablespoon of powdered sugar and gradually incorporate the hardening powder.
To the cheese composition add a tablespoon of fresh cream, mixing gently with a spatula to obtain a homogeneous cream.
Spread the cream over the baked and cooled countertop.
For the jelly, mix all the ingredients together and put them in a pan on the fire.
Cook until it starts to thicken, then remove from the heat.
Set aside for a minute, then spread the jelly over the cream.
Refrigerate the cake until the cream and jelly solidify, then portion into the desired shape.
Method of preparation
Peeled apples are given through a large grater. Mix the dry ingredients flour, semolina, powder
In a bowl, mix the cheese with the soft margarine, add the egg, baking powder and flour and knead.