We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
Preserve the best of summer with these French rainbow ratatouille in a Le Parfait® jar. Enjoy simply with salt, pepper and basil leaves when ready to serve.
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 1L jars
- 1 large onion, diced
- olive oil, as needed for cooking
- 1kg aubergines, seeded and diced
- 300g peppers, seeded and thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1kg courgettes, peeled and diced
- 1kg tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr15min
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, brown the onions in a little oil, then add the aubergines and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook and stir for 10 minutes, then finally add the garlic, courgettes and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently simmer for 50 minutes uncovered.
- Immediately fill the jars with the ratatouille up to 2cm from the brim. The ratatouille must be as hot as possible. Cover the vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Seal tightly and proceed immediately to the heat treatment, see tip. Once sealed, the jars can be stored for up to one year in a cool place. When ready to serve, transfer to a plate and season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Sealing and treating the jars
Place a trivet (or a clean cloth) inside a large saucepan and place the jars upright on top. Fill up the saucepan with water up to half the height of the jars and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until the lids seal themselves. Once sealed, remove from the saucepan using tongs and place somewhere to cool. Store.