Boil the diced potatoes, puree and leave to cool. When they have cooled, add the egg + the yolk and mix with the flour.
Peel a squash, grate it and sprinkle with sugar.
Take a piece of coca, make a square and put the plum in the middle. Then make it round. Do the same until you finish the coca.
Boil a pot of salted water to cover the dumplings, and in a Teflon pan heat the oil, pour the breadcrumbs and let it brown. Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and cinnamon and mix continuously 1 -2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are perfectly browned.
When the water in the pot has boiled, put the dumplings and let it boil until it rises. Remove with a whisk and roll hot with the mixture of breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
Recipe for potato dumplings stuffed with plums, prepared with white flour, lard, eggs and breadcrumbs, flavored with cinnamon
Dumplings with semolina
Dumplings prepared from semolina and eggs, used in the preparation of various soups
Potato dumplings in tomato sauce
Recipe for potato dumplings in tomato sauce, prepared with onions, eggs, flour and grated cheese or Telemea cheese
Meat dumpling soup
Boiled meat dumpling soup, prepared with two egg whites, soup and a little flour
This dessert reminds me of my childhood, because my grandmother used to make it. It is a dessert that requires a little more preparation time, but the end result never disappoints. The plums inside are juicy and sour, the breadcrumbs are crispy and sweet, and the dough from potatoes, flour and an egg is soft and quite fluffy. I leave you below a small bonus, a memorable and very funny sequence in which Mircea Diaconu shows you how to make plum dumplings in the Romanian film Stories with Alexandra from 1989. (At the moment 1:11:13)
Cooking time dumplings with plums: 2 hours
Amount: approx. 20 pieces
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 350 gr. flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 or
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 1 kg of plums
- 300 gr. biscuit
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3.4 tablespoons sugar
Wash the plums, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Sprinkle with app. 2 tablespoons sugar and a teaspoon of grated cinnamon.
Wash the potatoes well and boil them whole with a little salt. After boiling, the potatoes are peeled and crushed as for puree. Then mix with flour, sugar spoon, oil, egg and a teaspoon of salt until a sticky dough is formed.
In a pan over low heat, put a little oil and fry the breadcrumbs, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat after it has turned golden, leave to cool and add 3, 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, optionally.
Put a large pot of boiling water with a little salt. The plums drain well if they have left their juice and the dumplings are formed. Roll a piece of dough in a circle, put half or a whole plum in the middle and form a ball so that it covers the plum well. When the water has started to boil, reduce the heat and put the dumplings in the pot. Leave it to boil for about 10 minutes, until it rises to the surface and then leave it for another 3.4 minutes. Be careful not to put too much together, so that they do not stick together.
The dumplings drain well and while they are still hot, roll them in breadcrumbs. If you let them cool too much, the breadcrumbs will not stick to them.
Bon appetit to plum dumplings!
What else is the world looking for?
- plum dumplings
- dumplings with plums
- dumplings with plum recipe
- dumplings with plums quick recipe
- recipe for dumplings with plums
- dumplings with fluffy plums
- plum dumplings with potatoes
- recipe for dumplings with plums
- dumplings with plums
- plum dumplings
Dumplings, plum dumplings, childhood recipe
Fruit cake recipes are the most loved, because they bring that something fresh sweet-sour into a dish. In the case of this cake, after removing the seeds, you can insert a walnut kernel in place, but be careful that it fits the cavity, so that the plum does not stay open. You can also put a cherry bean in the jam or even caster sugar. These dumplings can be made with apricots and even large fruits from jams, well drained of syrup.
The story of this dish, in any version, is beautiful, because it evokes childhood, memories related to our mothers and grandmothers working in the kitchen, necessarily with love. I think this is the secret to a successful dish.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
- 350 g white potatoes weighed in shell
- 3-4 lg oil
- 130 g flour
- 1 or
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 plums
For the PESMET COATING
PREPARATION Dumplings, dumplings with plums
1. After washing them well, boil the potatoes in their skins for 30 minutes, if they are small. Check, the fork should fit easily into them. Potatoes for boiling, when purchased, are chosen to be white, not red, and in size, the smallest because they boil quickly.
2. Plums should not be too big, not too hard, but not too soft, so that you can easily remove the seeds. Split the plum on the rib halfway, press gently on the ends and open it, then remove the seeds carefully so that the plum retains its shape. They can also be extracted with kitchen tweezers if they adhere. You can fill the plums with a quarter of a walnut kernel (I didn't put anything) or the ones you want much sweeter, a cherry bean from jam or sugar.
3. During this time, melt the butter in a pan and add the breadcrumbs together with the cinnamon. Homogenize with a wooden spoon and crush the lumps. Add the sugar and stir. Stop the fire.
4. Put 3-4 liters of boiling water in a large diameter pan, but also deep. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and two tablespoons oil.
5. After boiling, drain the water on the potatoes carefully so that you don't burn the hot steam, peel them while they are warm (you can keep the potato with a clean towel, if it burns you) and pass it through the manual potato sieve (or electric with arm vertically), then add 3-4 tablespoons of oil that I forgot to put, but everything was ok, mix and chicken and the rest: whole egg, salt and flour. You will get a soft, slightly sticky dough, but you will be able to take it out on a very well floured worktop. If the potatoes were very watery, add a little more flour. The idea is to be able to give it a roll shape on the worktop that you divide in two and then again in two and that's it until you get 8 relatively equal pieces.
6. With your left hand very well floured (or oiled) take the ball, flatten it with your right and with your fingers form a cavity (or the bottom of a glass). Put the plum in the formed cavity and wrap it sealing well so that water does not enter, in which case it would dissolve when boiled. Put them on a lightly floured plate.
7. Boil water with gentle boiling water (neither too big nor too small). Take a dumpling, put it in a spoon and immerse it in water. I repeat, the pot / pan should be wide (4 liters), the dumplings should not overlap but should boil at will. If you don't have a large pan, boil them in two tranches. Boil in 15-20 minutes. If you see that the dumplings are on the bottom, you detach them with the spoon from the bottom because they rise to the surface, when they boil and you will see that they rotate.
8. Remove them with a foamer on a plate so that they drain from the water for only 1 minute (not to dry), then put them through the breadcrumbs composition from point 3 and place them on the serving plate. Before serving, powder with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
The breadcrumbs you have left after rolling don't throw away! It is a great combination to eat it with apple cream and whipped cream (click here for recipe)
Liv (e) it!
OUR FRIENDS COOKED ACCORDING TO THIS RECIPE! Congratulations, Alice, your cake looks appetizing, wonderful.
OTHER PLUM RECIPES
Delicious dried plum food as in Oltenia
In Transylvania we call them "dumplings". This name comes from the Hungarian language. When we talk to people from the rest of the country, we call them "plum dumplings", so that we can be understood. I haven't eaten in a month and I haven't since 2002. Maybe that's why they didn't look too good on me. No baths, repetitio mater studiorum, praise me, (I tell myself, with whom I sometimes talk), I will repeat the movement at the end of the week, to practice until I find more plums in the market. Ugly or not, I keep showing you that I promised. These are:
About 700 grams of potatoes (4 potatoes, peeled, peeled and crushed), a cup of white flour, an egg, a pinch of salt, two tablespoons of oil. Knead well.
I got a dense, bound and quite sticky dough. A trick for a flavor supplement: put the seeds in a vanilla stick, a teaspoon of cinnamon or the grated peel of a lime in the dough. You might like it.
I took out the plums. If I couldn't find sweet plums, I would put two or three tablespoons of sugar on them and let them lie for a quarter of an hour.
I made small discs out of dough, I spread them lightly…
… I put plum halves in the center of the discs…
… I sealed the plums inside the dough balls…
… And I modeled these vaguely spherical dumplings. I boiled them in water in which I put two tablespoons of sugar. The water must not boil, the dumplings can be destroyed. The dumplings are ready after 5-7 minutes, after rising to the surface.
I made the breadcrumbs. I mean, I mixed it with sugar and cinnamon and heated it. I didn't fry it, I just heated it. It's healthier and in addition, I just want to intensify the aroma of cinnamon, there's no point in burning the breadcrumbs for that.