- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
Make this delicious casserole using Christmas leftovers - turkey, red wine, whatever veg remain - SPROUTS OPTIONAL! I find the red wine gives the turkey a gorgeous, gamey colour. Delicious with baked or mashed potato.
Devon, England, UK
20 people made this
- 500g (approx) leftover turkey
- 2 leeks
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 bay leaves
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:2hr ›Ready in:2hr20min
- Switch slow cooker onto High. Melt butter in large pan, add sliced leeks, season with salt and freshly grated black pepper and cook gently until softened. Spread evenly across base of slow cooker.
- Strip turkey of remaining meat and (at last) throw carcass out - unless making soup. Cut turkey into bite-sized pieces. Heat olive oil in same pan, add crushed garlic and cook gently, adding turkey pieces as it starts to sizzle. Stirfry for 10 minutes, add bay leaves and cranberry sauce then place on top of the leeks.
- Switch slow cooker to auto or low, gently pour over the red wine and leave to cook until needed. I find about 2 hours is fine but will keep for hours on the low setting. Stir in cream just before serving. Perfect, served with potatoes of choice, for a hungry family returning from a winters walk
Use whatever veg you have available.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
Made ahead for Christmas. Tastes wonderful. Yeah, I tried some early.-23 Dec 2017
Does just what is says on the tin! An excellent recipe for those left-overs-28 Dec 2011
So easy to prepare - and now there's some room in my fridge again!Very tasty and ready when you are.-02 Jan 2010