Although until recently I could not stand fish soups, I think that for about two years now I have been going through a major transformation in terms of food. I start to like other flavors, to discover other tastes and to be more open in trying something new. That's how I ended up making this soup with fillets of white fish, seafood, chilli and lemon grass, a very pleasant smelling and aromatic ingredient.
- Two lemon grass sticks
- 250 grams of seafood
- A file
- 150 grams of fish
- A few mushrooms
- Chilli flakes
- Tomato paste
- Fish sauce
- One liter of vegetable soup (I boiled carrot, celery, parsley, a tomato)
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Flavored soup with seafood and mushrooms:
Step 1: In the vegetable soup I put the sliced fish fillet, two tablespoons of curry, a tablespoon of fish sauce. Initially I wanted to add soy sauce, but I put salt to boil in vegetables, and the fish sauce is also salty and I gave up.
Step two: I cut the lemon grass sticks, chilli flakes (I gave some dried chilli through the coffee grinder), I added in the soup, then a little tomato paste (I put a few teaspoons, but it would have gone a little clearer), seafood, mushrooms cut into 8. I cooked for about 10 minutes. At the end I added lime juice and in each bowl to serve green onions and parsley.
Hungarian mushroom soup
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and leave on the fire for another 5 minutes. Add the apple, paprika, soy sauce and soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, mix the milk and flour together. Pour into the soup and mix well. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Finally, add salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Leave it on the fire for 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.
You have to see it too.
Mushroom soup! You will definitely want the second portion!
It is said that our ancestors cooked the first mushroom soup as soon as they discovered the fire. The old cooks made a similar cream soup from fried and ground cereals. Later, European cuisine gave us this cream soup that conquered the whole world and now enters the menu of every famous restaurant.
Cream soup is usually cooked from champion mushrooms with vegetables and cream. Mushrooms become much tastier in combination with dairy products. It is a very filling dish, aromatic and with a fine taste.
-300 g of champion mushrooms
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Cut into small cubes onions, carrots and potatoes.
2. In the pan in which you will boil the soup, pour a little oil. Then fry the onion. Add the carrot and cook for 1 minute. Stir continuously.
3. Add the potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Stop adding oil.
4. Boil 2 liters of water separately and pour them over the vegetables. Add the bay leaf and cook the soup until the vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes from the time of cooking.
5. Until the soup boils, prepare the mushrooms. Wash them, dry them and cut them into small cubes. Fry them in oil until the liquid evaporates, finally add the pepper and salt.
6. Take the bay leaf from the pan and make the puree soup with a vertical mixer. Add the fried mushrooms and mix well.
7. Pour the cream into the soup, salt to taste and bring the soup to a boil. Extinguish the fire and let it cool a little, about 10 minutes.
8. Soup can be served! Serve with croutons, greens or cheese.
It is impossible to find a person who would not be conquered by this cream of mushroom soup. You can replace plain water with vegetable or meat broth. You can also add various spices nutmeg, basil, mustard and a sprig of thyme. These will give a more lively and intense taste.
The cream soup is prepared very quickly and will be to the liking of those who do not eat much soup. It can be served for lunch or dinner.
Tom Yum Vegan Soup
According to the recipe of pad thai vegetarian I said I can't finish this month's challenge without trying the Tom Yum vegan soup recipe.
Tom Yum or Tom Yam is a traditional Thai recipe, also known as hot and sour soup. It is usually made with seafood, especially shrimp and a soup flavored with lemongrass, dried kaffir lime leaves, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce and hot peppers.
There are a lot of tom yum soup variants, some clear, others with fish or pork, some with coconut milk and others without, but the best known recipe is tom yum soup with shrimp. Even if it is not a vegan recipe, it can be easily transformed. I used tofu and mushrooms to replace shrimp and add extra protein, but the rest of the ingredients are about the same as in the original recipe.
The documentation part for this tom yum soup recipe took a while. The recipes I found were quite diverse, they even required 10 peppers added to the soup, which seemed exaggerated, and some ingredients were missing that I consider important to give good taste to the soup. Eventually I took a little from each and created my own version of tom yum, vegan soup. You will need some special ingredients, but if you can't find them, because I didn't find them either, I have written some good substitutes below.
For example, lime keffir leaves can be replaced with bay leaves. Galangal is used in the original recipe, but this is a & ldquofrate & rdquo of ginger, so simply put ginger.
Don't forget, if you try this tom yum vegan soup recipe or any other recipe on the blog, take a picture of it and put it on Instagram. You can tag me at @gourmandelleblog and use the hashtag #gourmandellerecipe. I post from time to time the recipes you have tried on the Facebook and / or Instagram page! & # 128578
Cream tomato soup with bread
When you are in a hurry and you feel like something hot, cream soups are a very good and healthy alternative, they cook quickly and if you have imagination you can prepare many options. I've been doing them quite often for a while, because the whole family is a fan :).
The tomato cream soup is not pretentious at all, it would be ideal to prepare it from fresh tomatoes, but because now that I am writing the recipe, the tomato season is over, we can quietly use the canned ones. The recipe below is an aromatic and more consistent one, a little bread is used and for the aroma the much loved oregano that gives it a special taste. Of course, we don't part with basil either, in our country it really occupies a place of honor in the planter on the balcony.
I will write the recipe briefly, as in the case of others, it took longer to make the pictures than to prepare it :)
Tomato cream soup
- 1 can of 400ml mashed tomatoes or diced or fresh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 slices of older bread
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (I did not put)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 hot pepper paste knife tip (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onion. Let it cool a bit then add the chopped garlic and oregano. Mix for a few seconds and add the bread cut or broken into smaller pieces (I say broken so you don't waste time cutting it anyway, it will be crushed in a blender).
2. In another pan put the mashed tomatoes, a little salt, honey and simmer for 10 minutes. You can start with the tomatoes and until cooked, prepare step 1.
3. Put the bread, garlic, onion and oregano mixture over the tomatoes and mix with the blender. Add the chopped parsley and a little hot pepper paste or powder.
If you think the puree is too thick you can add a little water.
Serve the soup with a little basil or green parsley.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.